There's been a lot of noise in the running community since the launch of the Altra Mont Blanc. We have been waiting quite a while for Altra Ultrarunner Elliot’s review and its finally here.
His review comes after experiencing running on everything including dry dirt, wet muddy, technical, and hard-packed trails. He has also run in the shoes in everything from hilly tempo 10kms to 50km long steady runs.
Here is his summary for your quick reference:
- The shoe is named after the tallest mountain in Europe, Mont Blanc, and designed specially for the UTMB to be a lightweight, race ready, ultra distance trail shoe.
- The shoes look great, it screams research and development.
- Especially impressed with the profile of the mid-sole as Altra zero drop can have a little restriction on the smooth transition from heel to toe, but Mont Blanc has the ability to transition very well. It provides forward propulsion, a more efficient stride and as a result, is a faster shoe.
- #EGO™️ Max midsole has plenty of bounce and energy return and is durable.
- #Vibram #Litebase outsole is holding up beautifully, AND 30% lighter than the regular vibram outsole.
- The partnership of #EGO™️ Max and Vibram Litebase outsole is a match made in heaven with a perfect amount of cushioning, bounce, stability and excellent traction.
- Upper materials - made with a lightweight rip-stop mono-mesh that is extremely light and see through and very comfortable and slipper-like.
- Recommend half size down from your regular Altra shoe size.
- Tongue - very minimal padding, you could consider changing the original cylindrical shoe laces to flat shoe laces for better comfort and consider using a reverse runner’s knot.
- Concept-wise, spot on!
For more details of Elliot’s review, click HERE
For more Altra Mont Blanc Review, click HERE
For online purchase of Altra Mont Blanc click HERE
👟 Ideal Uses: Long Trail Running, Hiking, Fastpacking, Trail Racing
👟 Cushion: Maximum
👟 Stack Height : 30mm
👟 Weight : 280g (Men's - size US 10.5)
Places your heel and forefoot the same distance from the ground to encourage proper, low-impact form throughout your trail run.
FOOTSHAPE™ TOE BOX
Allows your toes to relax and spread out naturally for more comfort and stability in uphill climbs and downhill descents.